More To Look At

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Past Few Days

Wednesday ... Not much happened. I looked for jobs like I do all the time. I decided to make a hollow book so I started that. And last night some friends came over and we watched 'Pride and Prejudice'. It was the version with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen. I love that version. I need to buy it some time.


Thursday ... aka: yesterday ...

I finished watching season two of 'Stargate SG-1' in the morning. And I also watched the second part of the story in episode one of the third season.

I started cutting out the pages in the hollow book. I needed to find a newly bladed knife first though. But I know where Dad keeps them in the garage so that was easy. Although I didn't find any fresh blades with those x-acto knives. I know he has some somewhere. I should buy some replacement blades for my own knife.

Over at Spoonflower they were having their free swatch day. (Free shipping too.) So I tried to think if I wanted to order a custom design of my own or one of the fabrics I have been wanting. I ended up going with this lovely Gallifrey-esque fabric. I think this fabric might go on the back of my TARDIS quilt, when I ever make that. I have also thought it would be fun fabric for a tote bag. (Like this one here. Gallifrey fabric would be the lining and bottom. And solid blue for the "main" part of the bag.)


Friday ... aka: today ...

I was going to watch Laura's baby, Joshua, all day today. But Laura got "sick" and so she didn't go into work. I still went over for most of the day but not until around 11am. (lol. I realize that makes it sounds like Laura just took a day off. But she didn't. She has a kidney stone that kept her up all night.) We watched 'Bones' throughout the day and that was fun. I haven't hung out with Laura for a long time. It was fun.

I brought along that hollow book I've been working on. It's closer to being done. I finished cutting through all the pages. I actually didn't realize I was to the end and cut a little bit into the back cover. But I'll just glue it back together and it will be just fine. Really, it will.

I'm really tired right now. It's after 11pm and my brain isn't functioning and I'm falling asleep. I guess I should go to bed. :)

No comments: