More To Look At

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mischief Managed

Well, almost...


This upcoming Friday the last Harry Potter film will be released. It's so odd to not have anymore books or movies to look forward to. I was on the HP bandwagon very early on. In sixth grade my teacher, Mrs. Ryder, was reading us the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (Known as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in the UK and the rest of the world.) That was back in the year 1999/2000. The first book came out in January 1997. (It came out in 1998 for me here in the USA.) My teacher never finished the book in class and I was hooked. I continued to read the whole series. I would even reread the series as another book came out. For example, when the third book came out I reread one and two and then read three. I did that with every book. So by the time the seventh, and last, book came out I had read the whole series several times up until that point. The movies started coming out in 2001. That's the same year the third HP book came out. It's hard to believe that it has been over 10 years since all this mania began. And it is coming to an end on Friday. Seven books, 4188 total pages (or thereabouts), eight movies, one epic story. J.K. Rowling (aka: Joanne "Jo" Kathleen Rowling) is a genius to have created such a unique world. Just imagine if her train never got delayed for four hours and then she never wrote those first ideas down on a napkin in a coffee shop in England. There would be no Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. No scrawny, black-haired, bespectacled boy who didn't know he was a wizard. My youth would have been completely different.



1 comment:

AmmonBarton A.K.A. Cheaf said...

I am very glade that her train got delayed it made for a very exiting part of my life