More To Look At

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Abhorsen

Abhorsen by Garth Nix.

This story was good but I think I prefer Sabriel over these last two books.

Abhorsen was the completion of the story that started in Lirael. You don’t really meet anyone new and I found myself predicting all too well what was going to happen. Also I feel like the characters that die just die so conveniently. The story switches between Lirael and Sameth’s journey and Nicholas at the Lightning Pit. In the very beginning we even have the story from Sabriel and Touchstone’s point of view.

Overall the book tells of Lirael and Sam’s continued journey to rescue Nick. As they get closer you find out about the Spirit that posses Nick. We also learn who exactly Mogget and the Disreputable Dog are near the very end of the book. We learn more about Death in Abhorsen. Lirael walks in Death all the way to the last gate, The Ninth Gate, to look into the past. That part I found interesting because I liked how Lirael described the different Gates and the Precincts of Death.

It’s hard to write this review without telling too much about everything that happens. Let’s just say that overall I enjoyed the book. But I didn’t enjoy it as much as Sabriel. All three of these books were very easy to read. Once I started reading one I would finish it within a few days. This last one I started on Friday and ended on Tuesday.

No comments: