More To Look At

Saturday, January 26, 2013

AO Semi - Roger Federer vs Andy Murray

Roger Federer vs Andy Murray. Australian Open 2013 semifinal.

So this match lasted exactly four hours. It definitely made up for the disappointing short match that Novak had.

It was intense and a nail biter match for me. Roger and Andy went to five sets. These two have never played five sets against each other. So that was a first.

And Roger lost.

Score for the match. {Click to enlarge}
Andy was playing so awesome! He was just better then Roger today. I was shocked. I really wanted Roger to win because I love Roger and always want him to win. There were several times during the match when I found myself holding my breath. Also I talked to the computer a lot. And I might have yelled at it a few times. (I watch on my laptop from the comfort of my warm bed. lol.)

Overall stats for the match. {Click to enlarge}
I read two great articles about the match earlier this morning. One was about Andy (Murray makes it happen) and the other about Roger (No regrets for Federer).

Andy celebrates a point during the semifinal.
Roger gives a fist-pump celebration of a well made point.
So wrap-up. Andy Murray defeated Roger Federer 6-4 6-7(5) 6-3 6-7(2) 6-2 in exactly four hours. And I cried.

* * * * *

It has taken me until today (Saturday) to write this post because I've had to deny the outcome while it sunk in. I really hate when Roger loses matches. It breaks my heart.

No comments: