More To Look At

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Australian Open 2013

The 2013 Australian Open started this week. The draw this year for men's singles tennis is really good. Here is the PDF version.

As always I am cheering for Roger Federer to win. I love that guy. He plays with grace and ease. It breaks my heart when he loses and has to leave tournaments. Seriously, I cry when he loses. Roger has gotten through his first round with no problems defeating Benoit Paire 6-2 6-4 6-1 in just one hour and 23 minutes.

Roger playing his first round match.

I will follow Novak Djokovic's progress throughout the tournament. He is another player I like. He, too, went through the first round fine. He defeated Paul-Henri Mathieu 6-2 6-4 7-5 in one hour and 42 minutes. Novak has already played his second round. He plowed over my USA's Ryan Harrison to get to the second round. (That kid will go places in his career though. I like watching Ryan play. He is young and just starting out his tennis career. He has a long way to go before he can beat the top four players though.) Novak defeated Ryan 6-1 6-2 6-3 win in 91 minutes.

Novak playing his second round match.
Rafael Nadal is not in the Australian Open this year. He has been having problems with his knee so he hasn't been playing tennis for the past few tournaments while he recovers. It's sad because I like watching him play tennis. I miss seeing him play.

No comments: