More To Look At

Monday, October 3, 2011

Pampering

This afternoon I made a nail soak and pampered my nails. I haven't done that in a really long time. I used a new recipe and I really love it. It makes everything soft and smells really good. :)

Nail Soak Recipe:
1/4 cup honey
2 TBS liquid hand soap
1 TBS olive oil 
Mix all ingredients well and store in an airtight container. Add half of mixture to a small bowl then add warm water, stirring until well mixed. Soak nails. Makes enough for two manicures.

The hand soap I used is one I was gifted a couple of Christmases ago. It was from Bath and Body Works. A deep cleansing hand soap with vitamins B5 and E. But the best part is it smells like tropical passion-fruit. So mixed with the honey the nail soak smells heavenly. After I soaked all my nails (hands and feet) for five minutes I patted them dry and clipped my nails. Then they were ready for polish.

I decided to leave my toes unpainted. So I put socks on my feet to help them stay soft and feeling clean. My toes have had nail polish on them for a long time. They should breathe polish-free for a week or so. I french manicured my finger nails. I liked the clean sleek look of them after soaking them. So I couldn't bring myself to put color on them. lol. :)

No comments: