More To Look At

Monday, January 16, 2012

Catch-All Stand

I have been wanting to make a simple catch-all tray for my nightstand for a while now. The other day I got the inspiration I needed to go get the supplies. I saw this picture on Pinterest and I knew that's what I wanted to make.



So I made a trip to the Dollar Tree and picked up a couple of plates and smaller bowls. The bowls are more like pasta plates or salad plates. They are shallow bowls. I like that it has that bowl shape but it's still flat. I also got several short, clear candle holders.


I glued the candle holders to the two bowls Saturday. I glued them opposite of each other. One has the base at the bottom and the other has the base glued to the bowl. I like both looks. I stuck a pile of heavy books on top of each and I let them dry for a couple of days. Overnight would have been fine but I did the gluing on a Saturday and then didn't get to the project until Monday (today). (You can see in the photo below how I glued them "opposite" of each other.)


I decided not to glue the bowl to the plate because I'm not sure if I want it in the center or off to the side. I'll just set it on until I decide for sure. I have been having it off to the side and I really like it that way. I can place my rings and earrings and small things in the bowl and the larger things (like my keys, mail, glasses, or whatever) on the plate bottom.

Before ...

Before ...

After.

After.

I like it a lot. It fills the space back there quite nicely. And I like having two tiers. It gives me more room and I won't clutter the rest of the nightstand too much. lol.

P.S. Someday I'll upgrade that lamp.

No comments: