More To Look At

Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Resolutions

Reviewing last year's resolutions I did two two most important ones. I kind of sloughed on the other three. Let's take a look ...

  1. Get out of debt. I did pretty good at this one. I paid off my credit card like I wanted. I still have a little bit to pay my parent's back. But I should be straight with them by April.
  2. Paying tithing. I paid my tithing at the end of every month. I do see a difference when I do and don't pay my tithing. My life just goes better when I follow this little commandment.
  3. Organizing my room. I did get rid of lots of clothes I never wore. And I did go through some papers that I was hording. But it never got as organized as I would like. And I still have areas of my room I haven't cleaned. Like under my bed.
  4. Chat on FOJG more. Yeah. I never really did that. Which in turn makes me think if I should keep paying for the membership. But to be honest I like all the stuff I get. So I'll probably keep on being a member of Friends of Josh Groban.
  5. Do a photo-a-day. I think I did a month but then I got bored. And I never remembered to take a photo every day. I completely failed at this one.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So what are my goals for 2014? In no particular order ...
  • Go to the temple and receive my endowments. I would like to do this before my 26th birthday in June. But we'll see how that goes.
  • Pray and read the scriptures every day. I do both of these sporadically. I am pretty good about saying my nightly prayers but I don't say them in the morning. And as for scripture reading I would like to read some everyday. I was thinking in the mornings.
  • Get out of debt completely and continue to save money. I just have a couple more months of payments to my parents and then I am out of debt with them. I would like to continue saving a lot of my money after I get out of debt.
  • Read the complete works of William Shakespeare this year. Thirty-seven plays. Twelve months. I have no biography to read because I already read that. It's about 3 plays a month in order to read them all by the end of the year.
  • Journal every day. I got back into writing in my journal. I only missed a few days when I was sick just before Christmas.
  • Complete the starburst quilt. I want to sew this quilt. Maybe I'll do another this year. But fabric is expensive.

No comments: