More To Look At

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Aviatrix update

This past week I've been close enough that I have been squaring up blocks for my Aviatrix Medallion quilt. But there is one problem. I didn't use an exact 1/4" seam allowance. So the blocks are slightly smaller than they need to be. That has been frustrating. With Mom's help, I decided to still square up all the blocks. And I'll adjust the frame in between with the background gray fabric. I haven't sewn border 6 (butterflies; the last border) yet. Before I sew anymore I need to find the 1/4" seam foot that goes on my sewing machine. I guess I need to start using that when I quilt to get a more accurate seam. I still like this quilt it won't be perfect but it's mine so that's okay.

the original quilt
I was also thinking of labeling my quilts. I need to find a good way for making labels.

No comments: