More To Look At

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Wedding That Took Over My Life

So I realized that I never wrote about Eric and Carly's wedding.

They were married on Saturday, the 18th of May. The weather was nice and sunny for us. It was really rainy the day before and it did sprinkle a bit after the temple photos were taken that morning. But the rest of the day it was nice.

My dress was gorgeous and I loved it. It was a little hectic getting it made that quickly before the wedding. The original dresses weren't the right color and only one came on time. The other dresses were not even shipped yet. We decided to scrap that idea and demand full refunds on those dresses. But that meant that the bridesmaid dresses were not going to match. But it turned out fine. I thought we all looked great

Krysta (me), Caitlyn, Carly, Krissy, Kary, and Jannalee

I love our bouquets. And Carly's bouquet is really pretty too.

Due to the stress of everything, the wedding itself, and other minor factors I was exhausted the day of the wedding. To be honest my introvert self was done with everything. I would have been perfectly happy to just sleep and say congrats when Eric and Carly got home from their honeymoon. But that didn't happen. I watched Cayden and Laura while everyone was in the temple for the sealing that morning. Then I went and took pictures with everyone at the temple after that. That took a couple of hours. I was able to take a thirty minute nap while I should have been eating lunch. Then we headed over to my aunt's house where the reception was taking place. And I had to be cheerful and talk to other people for another three hours. After that when we got home the family stayed up talking to Eric's best man and our friend until midnight or thereabout. It was a very long day. But I did enjoy some of it.

Because I was so tired I slept a lot the following week. Sunday I barely went to church because I was sleeping and did not feel like getting ready and being with people. But I went anyways for sacrament meeting. But then I came home and slept until dinnertime. I still slept fine that night. In fact I slept all day on Monday. I woke up at 4pm. And I still went to sleep fine at bedtime.

I've been occasionally taking naps still. And it's been two weeks already. I think I'm still recuperating from all of it. I still find myself feeling people-claustrophobic. And I'm pretty sure it's because I never got anytime for myself for a while.

Even though there were a few thing different I do hope that the wedding was what Eric and Carly were hoping for. I wish them all the best in their life together.

1 comment:

Carly Higgins said...

This can't compare to the stress of planning a wedding. Breakdowns happen frequently. I know from experience. Thanks heavens for honeymoons that's all I gotta say!