More To Look At

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

That's Unfortunate

Last week I was bored and so I pulled a book off the bookshelf and started reading it. I started reading "The Series of Unfortunate Events" on May 28th. There are 13 books total. As of today I'm halfway through book 9. These books are very funny and I love them. The first couple of books got somewhat monotonous with their plot. But when it got to book 5 the plot started changing which is nice. I am really into these books. They are really quick reads for me. The first few books I was able to read in a day. These last ones are taking me two, maybe three, days to read because they are longer. I love that the author, Lemony Snicket (real name: Daniel Handler), goes on tangents and says random things. At one point he was talking about Déjà Vu at the very beginning of the chapter. And you turn the page and it has the exact same thing on the next page except for the very last line. But same heading and picture and everything. It made me laugh out loud!

No comments: