More To Look At

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pinspiration: Drawer Dividers

I've been wanting to make drawer dividers for my bathroom for a while now. I wouldn't mind have fancy, clear, store bought ones someday but I wanted the drawer dividers now not later when I have money.

So I made my own.

I looked on Pinterest for some ideas. And I came across this post with dividers using balsa wood. I really liked them.

Inspiration: post on Pinterest, Original source here

So I got to work building my own.

I started by measuring the drawer that I wanted the dividers for. It's a 3"x10"x18" drawer. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought three strips of 3/23"x3"x24" balsa wood.

Here's my before shot. The drawer works as it is but I mostly wanted my makeup more accessible and out of that flowery case.

Before ...

And here it is after. I really like how it turned out. I can reach everything without moving other things that are on top. It still looks kind of crazy but it'll work so much better.

... After.

We'll see how much I like it after using it for a few days.

as always ... click the picture to see it bigger.

No comments: