More To Look At

Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Activities

This past weekend our single's ward went on our super activity. On Friday we went up to Pineview Reservoir and hung out at the lake. There were five or six boats there, including our boat. They also had a water trampoline. It was a lot of fun. I was so sore that night. We had pizza and a movie at the church that night. The next day, on Saturday, we had breakfast at the church and then went up Provo Canyon on a hike to Stewart Falls. It was not a long, strenuous hike but since most of us were sore from the activities the previous day it was harder. The falls were very pretty. After the hike we went to Vivian Park and had lunch. And then, in two groups, we took tubes down the Provo River. That was fun. I don't think I've ever done that before. After tubing we had dinner and a devotional from the bishop at the park. I was very good about putting sunscreen on the whole weekend so I didn't get burned at all. Although I think my face did get a tiny bit of a sunburn because it itched on Saturday but it was fine Sunday.

On Saturday during the hike Colton and I talked about us. We concluded that our relationship wasn't really going past this point so we are no longer together. It's kind of sad because I think I'm more lamenting the fact that I'm single again then the relationship itself. Don't get me wrong. I like Colton. He is a great guy. I like hanging out with him and everything. But for whatever reason I was feeling no attachment to the relationship. I was neither for it nor against it. It just was. The first month was really fun and new but about the third was when I started to think this wasn't going to work out. Four months is along time though. And do hope that Colton and I can stay friends and still hang out.

After I read the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini and couldn't decide on what to read. So I borrowed a bunch of books from Colton. Most of them are short one or two day reads for me. I have already read two of the books I borrowed. Right now I am reading Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild.I think I'll read the other three books in the Shoes series before I move onto another book.

No comments: